‘The Wheel of Time’ is an American epic fantasy series premiering on Amazon Prime Video. Here’s everything you need to know about it.
Since the grand success of “Game of Thrones” on HBO, several TV and digital networks have tried to replicate the success with the next big epic fantasy series. The streaming giant Netflix tasted success with “The Witcher”, a fantasy drama that garnered the love of viewers. Amazon, on the other hand, is coming up with an even bigger project titled The wheel of time.
The wheel of time is an upcoming American epic fantasy series based on Robert Jordan’s best-selling novel series with the same name. The series includes 14 main novels and a few other works set in the universe, including a prequel novella titled “New Spring.”
The epic fantasy series is produced by Sony Pictures Television and Amazon Studios, with Rafe Judkins as showrunner. Since the announcement, fans of the fantasy dramas have been waiting for the show’s premiere on Amazon Prime Video. Here’s everything you need to know about The Wheel of Time TV season 1.
What is the plot of the wheel of time?
The wheel of time takes place at a time known as the “Third Age”, that’s about more than three millennia past a catastrophic event known as “Breaking the World”, that ended a technologically advanced era known as “The Age of Legends.” In this universe, magic (controlled by an ability known as ‘channeling’) is real and society is very much like medieval Europe.
The first season of Amazon’s adaptation is based on the first book in the series, The eye of the world, which follows Moiraine Damodred, who is part of Aes Sedai (an all-female magical organization) and her efforts to find the Dragon Reborn, a prophesied figure whose actions will ultimately save or destroy humanity.
Accompanied by her friend Egwene al’Vere and the wise woman Nynaeve, the group heads for the Aes Sedai city of Tar Valon, avoiding the troops sent by the Dark One along with the search for the Dragon Resurrected. The book’s multiple subplots are coherently integrated into the story, making for a great reading experience. To make the public aware, the official Wheel of Time on Prime Twitter account organized a book club during the quarantine, so you can read along with old and new fans.
Who is in the cast of The Wheel Of Time Season 1?
For an epic fantasy drama, Amazon Studios has brought in some big names. Here’s a look at some bo names that will be starring in the first season.
- Rosamund Pike as Moiraine
- Josha Stradowski as Rand al’Thor
- Marcus Rutherford as Perrin Aybara
- Zoe Robins as Nynaeve al’Meara
- Barney Harris as Matt Caughton
- Madeleine Madden as Egwene al’Vere
- Daniel Henney as al’Lan Mandragora
- Michael McElhatton as Tam al’Thor
- Alvaro dead as Logain Ablar
- Hammed Animashun as Loial
- Priyanka Bose as Alanna Mosvanic
- Emmanuel Imanic as Ihvon, Alanna’s Warder
- Taylor Napier as Maksim, Alanna’s Warder
- Kate Fleetwood as Liandrin Guirale
- Christopher Sciueref as Abell Cauton
- Julia Howland as Natti Cauton
- Mandi Symonds as Daise Congar
- Lolita Chakrabartic as Marin al’Vere
- Sister Michael as Bran al’Vere
- David stars as Cenn Buie
- Abdul Salis | as Eamon Valda
- Easter Bocarie as Master Grinwell
- Jennifer Preston as Mistress Grinwell
- Izuka Hoyle as Dana
When will The Wheel of Time season 1 premiere?
The good news for fans is that they won’t have to wait long as the epic drama premieres next month. Unlike Netflix dropping the entire season at once, Amazon will continue its trend of weekly episodes.
To keep the ball rolling, Amazon Prime Video has decided to drop the first three episodes of “The Wheel of Time” on its premiere date, which is November 19, 2021. In the future, a new episode will appear weekly until December 24, 2021.
Is there a trailer for The Wheel Of Time season 1?
Amazon Prime Video launched the trailer for the epic fantasy drama on September 2, 2021. Needless to say, it received a huge response. Viewers love the trailer and can’t wait for the show to hit Prime. Watch the trailer here:
How many episodes are there in the first season?
There are a total of 8 episodes in the first season (via nerd). The titles of the first six episodes have been revealed. Here’s a look:
- leave of absence (Episode 1 will premiere November 19)
- shadow wait (Episode 2 premieres on November 19)
- shadow wait (Episode 3 premieres on November 19)
- The Dragon Reborn (Episode 4 premieres November 26)
- Blood calls blood (Episode 5 premieres December 3)
- The Flame of Tar Valon (Episode 6 premieres on December 10)
- Episode 7 premieres on December 17)
- Episode 8 (season finale premieres December 24)
Will There Be ‘The Wheel Of Time’ Season 2?
Amazon seems to be very confident as it renewed the show for a second season in May 2021. Production for the second season began in the summer of 2021.
Are you excited about The Wheel Of Time Season 1 premiere? Share your thoughts with us.