It has been a while Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings has been officially released. Marvel Studios hasn’t officially announced yet Shang Chi 2 yet audiences still see an entry from Danny Rand known as Iron Fist in the franchise. These two are Marvel’s most definitive characters to come out of the Kung Fu era. And so we’ve rounded up a few reasons why the public might want Iron Fist to appear in shang chi 2.
1. Both characters met in 1976 Master of Kung Fu Annual #1. Iron Fist was desperate for his old friend Colleen Wing, and he asked Shang-Chi for help in finding him. According to the comic, both characters seem to have many similarities, including their growing up stories.
2. In addition, they have both been part of the Heroes For Hire team at different times. By the way, unlike shang-chi, Iron Fist is a regular member of the team. During the 2006 Heroes for Hire run, Shang-Chi teamed up with Colleen Wing and Misty Knight. Apparently they were both friends with Iron Fist.
3. An anthology series began in 1974. The name of the series was The Deadly Hands of Kung Fu. It was actually an action packed sequel that portrayed both real and fictional martial arts characters and heroes. Plus, the series featured characters from the House of Ideas quite often, and both of our martial arts heroes were constant regulars. So it’s only natural for them to work together in MCU.
4. Marvel has always been consistent in portraying the origins of each character, and Iron Fist is no exception. Its origin story is also an interesting intricate story. His appearance at the door of the Master of King Fu and asking for his help has largely explained his wake-up call in the 1970s and his mystical powers. Shang-Chi was the mature and intelligent character that he is, already knew about Iron Fist’s powers and whoever held the title could feel the power.
5. During a battle between human-spider hybrids, Iron Fist and Shang-Chi took on a huge responsibility to face the threats in Manhattan. In the 2911 event, Spider Island bet Deadly Hand against the Bride of Nine Spiders. It was all an attempt to save Danny. Fortunately, they both took care of it and reassured the well-being of everyone in Manhattan.
6. The two martial arts-focused heroes have always been nice and have also shown mutual respect for each other. They were never shown as each other’s competitors. MCU has listed them as equals or a very close second to the others. Even if they are not included in a mission together, the place for this mutual respect remains. Luke Cage said somewhere that Danny always referred to Shang-Chi as the best in every aspect.
So after coming across all of these reasons and how they made sense, we think there’s a very good chance that MCU will play Iron Fist’s role in shang chi 2.