Bay Area Bridge Toll applies to all bridges in this area. Each of these eight toll bridges has adopted an automated system for collecting tolls. Payment in cash is not accepted anymore, and if you’re not familiar with the system yet, we are here for you.
This article will help you understand the different ways available for paying your bridge tolls and provide you with steps to make your payment. Stay with us until the end.
How can I pay Bay Area Bridge tolls?
This question must have popped up in your head by now, so here’s the answer. There are four ways to pay bridge tolls. They are:
- License Plate Account
- One-time Payment
Let’s take a closer look at each of the above payment methods.
How to pay Bay Area Bridge Toll using FasTrak?
Before getting to know the steps in completing toll payment using FasTrak, you need to know what FasTrak is.
What is FasTrak?
FasTrak is an electronic toll collection system that attaches a toll tag to your vehicle through which tolls are automatically deducted from a prepaid FasTrak account. It is a convenient method to pay your tolls at all of the Bay Area’s Toll bridges and Express Lanes, as well as the toll roads in Southern California.
Paying with FasTrak comes with its benefits, including the lowest toll rate at the Golden Gate Bridge, discounted tolls for carpools, motorcycles, and certain eligible clean-air vehicles.
How to create a Bayarea FasTrak account?
To make your toll payment with FasTrak, the below points will guide you.
You can either set up a FasTrak account online or pick up a toll tag at a FasTrak retail location and complete the account enrollment process online.
After you receive a toll tag, to complete the initial payment for your prepaid balance, you can:
- Pay online using a credit card by completing an application at https://www.bayareafastrak.org/en/about/get-fastrak.shtml
- Pay by phone using a credit card by dialing the toll-free number 1-877-229-8655 (inside the USA) or 415-486-8655 (outside the USA)
- Pay in person using a card, check or cash by visiting Bay Area FasTrak Customer Service Center.
If you wish to sign up and pay online, check the steps that follow.
- Create a FasTrak account online
This is a simple procedure. Make sure you are ready to complete the sign-up in one go because each session times out in 30 minutes.
- Firstly, visit the Official Website and click Sign up for FasTrak
- Fill in the details required and go to Next.
- After the successful creation of the account, FasTrak will mail the toll tags to the registered address.
After receiving the toll tag number, the following steps are given below.
- Register the toll tag number and create a web account
- Visit Official Website
- Go to Register and create a web account.
- Click on Create a new FasTrak account.
Even if you have registered for the toll tag over the phone, you will see options to continue the process on the home page itself.
If you face any difficulty in any stage of the process, you can contact the FasTrak customer service, where the representatives will help you.
License Plate Payment
A License Plate Account uses your license plate number to identify your vehicle and match it to your account. This mode of payment is for those who prefer to pay without prepaid balance or extra fees. The toll charges are debited from the card linked to your account.
- To sign up, Open a License Plate
- Begin enrollment and submit the required details.
- You are good to go.
One Time Payment
This mode of payment is best suited for users in the area for only a short period. One-time payments for Bay Area Toll Bridges for future tolls can be made up to 30 days or within 48 hours of crossing a bridge.
For availing of One Time Payment option online using your credit card,
- Visit One Time payment
- Read and understand the details given
- Use it to pay recent tolls, future tolls, or even pay without a license plate by selecting the option you need.
This mode of payment is your only resort if you do not use any of the three methods mentioned above. An invoice will be directly mailed to the vehicle’s registered owner. The invoice only includes the amount of Bridge toll that is applicable without additional fees. The amount must be paid within the stipulated time, or else penalty charges will be applied.
There are four different ways to pay your invoice.
- Pay online at the FasTrak website
- Pay by phone using a credit card
- Pay by mail for sending a cheque
- Pay by cash by visiting cash payment locations
If you wish to pay online at the FasTrak website, you will have to follow some simple steps as described below.
- Go to Invoice Violation
- Fill in the required details, including your Invoice number, License number, and License state.
- Here you also have an option to transfer the invoice to your FasTrak or License Plate Account.
- Click on submit, follow the prompts, and you can complete the payment online.
For all kind of queries regarding the toll mentioned above payment methods, you can contact the toll-free numbers:
- 1-877-229-8655 (inside the USA)
- 415-486-8655 (outside the USA)
This article was intended to guide you through the payment options at Bay Area Toll Bridges. Keep up with our other articles for more guides and information. Let us know in the comments if you found this helpful.