Famous for its webmail services, Yahoo! originally began as a web portal integrated with a search engine function called Yahoo! Search. Yahoo! was even the world’s most popular website back in 2000, after which it saw a gradual decline in users ever since Google took the market by storm.
Yahoo! offers a wide range of web services such as Yahoo! News, Yahoo! Finance, Yahoo! Sports, Yahoo! Search, and much more. But one of their major selling points was their Webmail service which could be seen on the domain of almost everyone’s email address.
Yahoo! Mail still functions to this date and has even undergone major changes to its user interface. If you are searching for creating and using a Yahoo! email account, this guide will walk you through the entire process.
One of the significant advantages of using Yahoo! is the spam reporting and filter option. Users can set a particular protocol for Yahoo! Mail to consider it as a spam email. From there on, Yahoo! Mail will redirect all those unwanted emails to your spam folders in case you decide to go through them.
Yahoo! Mail had a major issue back in the 2000s where the user interface was quite unstable to use. This was when Yahoo! slowly started losing its market to other webmail service providers.
However, Yahoo! Mail has undergone some serious changes where the portal has been made user-friendly and highly secure in recent years. There is also a dedicated Yahoo! Mail app available on the App Store for Android and iOS users.
With all the background information about Yahoo!, let us see how to create and manage your own Yahoo! Mail account.
- To create and access your Yahoo! Mail account, you require a laptop, desktop, or smartphone.
- A stable internet connection is required to navigate through the Yahoo! portal.
- As a part of the Sign-up procedure, you need to provide your first name, last name, mobile number, and Date of Birth.
How to create a Yahoo! Mail Account?
If you can’t already wait to log in to your Yahoo! Mail account, skip to the next step to know the login procedure. However, if you do not have an existing Yahoo! Mail account, or if you want to create a new email address, here’s how:
- To create your own Yahoo! Mail account, visit the Yahoo! Mail login page at login.yahoo.com.
- Click on the ‘Create an account option present on the right side of the login page.
- Once on the Sign-up page, enter the required details:
- First name and Last name
- The email address that you would like to use
- Mobile number
- Date of Birth
- Gender (Optional)
- Click on ‘Continue’ to complete your sign-up process and create a new Yahoo! Mail account.
How to Sign to your Yahoo! Mail?
For those who already have a Yahoo! Mail account or just created one, you can now log in and manage your email address. Here’s how:
- To log in to your Yahoo! Mail account, visit the Yahoo! Mail login page at login.yahoo.com.
- Enter your Username/email/mobile number.
- Click on ‘Next.’
- Enter your password.
- Click on ‘Next’ to access your Yahoo! Mail account.
How to Sign In through Google?
There is a unique option that allows users to sign in to their Yahoo! Mail email address without creating a new account. To do this, you need to have a Google account.
For users who have a Google account and want access to their own Yahoo! Mail account, follow these steps:
- To log in to your Yahoo! Mail account through Google, visit the Yahoo! Mail login page at login.yahoo.com.
- Click on the ‘Google’ option present at the bottom of the page.
- Enter your Google email address.
- Click on ‘Next.’
- Enter your Google password and proceed to Sign In to Yahoo! Mail.
What to do if you have forgotten your Yahoo! Mail Username or Password?
Always ensure that you have your email login credentials kept safe and secure as it contains lots of valuable information. However, if you have lost your account details, you can always retrieve that information. Here’s how:
- Visit the Yahoo! Mail login page at login.yahoo.com.
- Click on the ‘Forgotten Username’ option.
- Enter one of the following to recover your account details:
- Sign in the email address or phone number
- Recovery email address
- Recovery phone number
- Continue further to recover your account credentials and even reset your password if needed.
Yahoo! Mail mobile app
Gone are the days that people used to check their emails only through their PCs. Nowadays, it has become common to access their emails through a mobile device. Some individuals even check their business or work emails through their smartphones. So let’s see how to download and access your Yahoo! Mail through the mobile app.
You can download the Yahoo! Mail – Organized Email app through the Google Play Store for Android users.
For iOS users, you can download the Yahoo! Mail – Organized Email app through the Apple Store.
Once you have downloaded the mobile apps, follow these steps to get yourself logged in:
- Open the Yahoo! Mail – Organized Email app on your mobile device.
- Enter your Yahoo! Mail email address.
- Enter your password.
- Click on Sign in to proceed. Complete any verification steps required. (Code sent to your registered mobile number)
Easy login to your Yahoo! Mail through Yahoo Account Key
This is a very beneficial feature, where users can log in to their Yahoo! Mail account without ever having to remember their password. This can be done through the Yahoo Account Key feature available only to Yahoo! Mail Users.
To do this, you need to be signed in to your Yahoo! Mail mobile app. So every time you want to log in to your email account through a browser, you can approve the sign-in by just clicking on a green button which will pop up on your Yahoo! Mail mobile app. Here’s how:
- Login to your Yahoo! Mail account.
- Go to the ‘Settings’ menu of your account.
- Navigate to the ‘Account Security section.
- You will see the ‘Secure your account with Yahoo Account Key’ section available.
- Click on ‘See how it works.
- Ensure you sign in to your Yahoo! mobile app.
- Click on ‘Send me a notification.
- You will see a notification where you can choose to accept by clicking on the green circle or choose to decline by clicking on the red circle on your mobile app.
Once this is done, you can log in to your Yahoo! email account anywhere and anytime with only a single click.
This guide provides detailed information on creating your Yahoo! Mail account and ways to access it.