The 355 The film will hit theaters on January 7, 2022. the 355 is a Universal Pictures film and will not be streamed on HBO Max when it hits theaters.
The 355, the new spy thriller starring all of the above, from director Simon Kinberg, co-wrote the script with Theresa Rebeck. This weekend, the 355 opens in theaters, meaning you can ring in the new year with some beautiful, competent women.
The 355 follows CIA agent Brown (Jessica Chastain), a spy who learns of a global organization trying to obtain a secret weapon to push the already chaotic world into utter disaster.
Brown teams up with five other top international agents worldwide on a mission to retrieve the weapon before the enemy can get their hands on it. And so this strange group of women is going to save the world.
When is the 355release date?
The 355 was initially scheduled for release on January 15, 2021. But due to the challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic and subsequent limitations, the release was delayed to January 14, 2022. And finally, the date was pushed back by a week. As a result, the action-thriller movie will be released on January 7, 2022.
WHERE TO WATCH? THE 355:
For now, the only way to watch the 355 is to go to a movie theater. The 355 opens in US theaters on January 7, 2022. Tickets for a theater near you can be found here.
After the cinema screening of the film, you can stream the 355 on Peacock, the NBC Universal streaming service. You can also rent the 355 on digital platforms such as Amazon Prime, iTunes, YouTube, Google Play, and more.
Is the 355 to stream?
In recent years, movies have tried several release strategies, from streaming-only to hybrid offerings, but as we head into 2022, cinemas will once again become the focus.
The 355 is an example of that, as it won’t be available for streaming until at least 45 days after its theatrical release on January 7. However, this is expected to be the standard operating procedure for nearly every movie hitting theaters in 2022.
However, we know where the 355 will be available for streaming for the first time after the 45-day exclusivity period expires. Like a Universal Pictures movie, the 355 is set for a streaming debut on Peacock. Although there is no confirmed date for the 355’s streaming debut, based on the 45 days, we can deduce it would be available for streaming on February 21 at the earliest.
Who are the protagonists in? The 355?
‘s star-studded canvas, the 355 explores some mighty and talented women and men. Here’s a quick look at the characters:
- Jessica Chastain as Mason “Mace” Brown – A CIA agent who officially recruits a team to discover and stop an international terrorist group. Brown believes that this group possesses (or will possess) a potent and deadly weapon that could end the world.
- Lupita Nyong’o as Khadijah – A former MI6 agent. According to Brown, Khadijah, a no-nonsense, outspoken woman, is the world’s best computer specialist, and her advanced technical skills can help Brown achieve her mission.
- Diane Kruger as Marie Schmidt – A rival BND (Federal Intelligence Service Germany) agent who knows her weapons and is exceptionally good at them. She eventually teams up with Brown on the mission.
- Penelope Cruz as Graciela – An accomplished psychologist who works with the Colombian intelligence agency’s DNI. A veteran cop and psychologist, Graciela is unlike her fellow cops. A mother of two, she isn’t trained for the field, but Brown and her team will make sure Graciela catches up with her.
- Fan Bingbing as Lin Mi Sheng – A mysterious Chinese MSS agent who constantly follows Brown and her team’s every move. Ultimately, she also joins forces to thwart their common enemy.
- Sebastian Stan as Nick – A CIA agent and colleague of Brown’s. There may or may not be a romantic angle between the two.
Other significant characters include Edgar Ramirez as Luis, a DNI agent, Emilio Insolera as Hacker, Jason Wong as Stevens, and John Douglas Thompson as Larry Marks. Hiten Patel as Ahmed-Imam, Leo Staar as Grady, and Oleg Kricunova as Pyotr Khasanov.
Is the 355 Based on a true story?
Jessica Chastain’s character is based on the idea of an Agent 355 dating way back to the days of George Washington. Both the film’s title and concept are derived from this bit of historical trivia. Agent 355 was the code name of a female spy for the patriots at the American Revolution. She was part of the Culper Ring.
Agent 355 was one of the first spies for the United States. When decoded from the network system, the number translates to “lady.” Unfortunately, no one knew the original woman behind 355, and her real identity remains unknown today.
It is also believed that code 355 is a confident woman, but any female spy has valuable information and works entirely off the record. As Chastain explains in an interview, “For many women who work in the CIA and other similar organizations, Code 355 is a universal slang term for a female spy”.