PECO, formerly known as the Philadelphia Electric Company, is an energy company founded in 1881. Headquartered in Philadelphia, PECO, a subsidiary of Exelon Corporation, United State’s leading competitive energy supplier, is Pennsylvania’s largest electric and natural gas utility. Being one of the oldest and largest utility companies in the United States, PECO continues to provide safe, reliable, affordable, clean energy and services to its customers.
Everything you need to know about PECO
PECO delivers power to more than 1.6 million electric customers and more than 532,000 natural gas customers in southeastern Pennsylvania. It is hence essential to provide this large customer base with easy and quick forms of bill payments. Written below are few pointers on using some online services, especially regarding billing and payments offered by PECO.
Payment Guide for PECO Users
Corporations and Residents of Pennsylvania have the option of purchasing a deregulated electricity and natural gas plan from one of the several energy companies in their region.
- Once you select the company of your choice, PECO works along with your chosen energy supplier to provide you with energy-efficient electricity and gas supplies.
- PECO also does its best to ensure uninterrupted supply delivery.
- PECO has made some significant changes in their service from January 1, 2021, which will change the way you receive your monthly electric bill. For a residential customer using 700 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per month, the effect of this approved change is a total increase of $0.55 to the typical monthly bill, from $100.85 to $101.40 or 0.55%.
- Residential monthly charges are now billed at $9.98 along with the generation Charges of $0.05920 per kWh, transmission charges of $0.00506 per kWh, and distribution charges of $0.06609 per kWh. To know more in detail, visit.
Residents and Corporations also can choose from one of the competitive energy companies in their region. These companies claim to provide some great offers and better pricing and claim to have high safety standards while ensuring reliable delivery. However, there is no guarantee that the customers will save money on the total energy costs for the utility or experience an overall bill decrease, so choosing them is at one’s own risk.
Payments Plan Options provided by PECO
PECO provides you with several ways to pay your existing electricity bills. Additionally, they also provide different payment options that you can choose to pay your bills.
Following are some details regarding these:
- Budget Billing – This payment option allows you to extend your bill due dates up to a period based on reviewing your financial capacity and payment history.
- Payment Assistance – PECO offers several assistance programs to choose from to help pay your energy bills. These include the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), the customer Assistance and Referral Evaluation Program (CARES), and the charitable Matching Energy Assistance fund. PECO also offers several financial assistance options to those customers in need undergoing financial hardships. Visit the official link to know more in detail.
PECO has also taken a charitable initiative to benefit the customers of low-income households. The PECO Gift of Energy Program gives existing customers the option to help those in need by allowing them to pay the bill of any low-income household unable to make payments on their energy bills.
Registering for your PECO Account
Before you proceed to the bill payments, it is necessary to have an account registered on the PECO website with your resident credentials. This will not only give you access to a whole bunch of online services offered by PECO, but it will also allow you to manage your monthly payments in a hassle-free way.
Setup your PECO Account
To avail of the online services offered by PECO, you need to set up an account on their PECO Energy Company website. Here are the steps to be followed:
- To register online, first, visit the official website
- Click on the ‘Residential and Business’ user registration option.
- Enter your PECO Energy Account Number. This number can be found on the top-right corner of your bill.
- Next, along with your account number, provide details of either the last four digits of your Social Security Number, your PECO Pin, or your Business ID.
- After entering your preferred login information, accept the legal disclaimer provided.
- Verify all the information. Click on ‘Submit.’
Your account will now have been set up. You can choose to sign up for the paperless e-Bill option and maintain your account through the PECO mobile app or their website online.
Login to your PECO Account
Once your PECO account is up and running, follow the below steps whenever you want to log in to your account:
- Visit the official website.
- Enter your registered email and password. Click on ‘Sign in.’
You can click on the ‘Remember Email’ option to automatically log in whenever you visit the website without the need to type your username and password.
Forgot your PECO Account username/password? Here’s what you need to do.
If you have forgotten your password or registered email, do the following:
- Visit the official website.
- Click on the ‘Forgot email or password?’ option below the Sign In button.
- You will be redirected to a page where you can choose either the ‘Find My Email’ option or the ‘Reset My Password’ option.
Follow the given prompts, and you will be able to recover either of the forgotten elements quickly.
PECO BILL PAYMENT INFORMATION
Given below are all the information that is necessary for you to avail of the online services offered by PECO and proceed with your bill payments:
How to pay your PECO Bill?
PECO currently offers its customers four ways to pay their electric bills.
- Online Payments: You can make online payments through your credit card/checking account, debit card, or eCheck via a PECO online account. If you have opted for AutoPay, the payment will be automatically deducted from your account for every billing cycle. Alternatively, you can also make payments from a guest profile.
- Pay by Phone: You can contact the PECO customer service at 1-877-432-9384 to make your monthly payments. Executives will assist you in doing it directly through your bank account.
- In-Person: You can also pay in person at authorized payment locations or service centers near your location based on convenience. Please keep in mind that some of the payment offices may be temporarily unavailable due to COVID-19.
- Mail: You can send your payments through the mail via money orders or a check(payable to PECO). The mailing address is PECO, P.O. Box 37629, Philadelphia, PA 19101, and in case of general inquiries, the address is PECO Customer Solution Center, 2301 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103.
For detailed information regarding each of these payments and more payment options, visit this page.
Ways to lower your PECO Bill.
There are several ways in which you can lower your monthly PECO bills. Deregulated energy plans allow customers to choose from several rates offered by multiple competitive energy distributors and suppliers.
- Check the ‘Price to Compare,’ which is the default rate offered by PECO, and compare it with other prices offered by your local licensed electricity suppliers.
- Many free online sources exist which give you a comparison of different prices on the market.
- PECO’s current electricity ‘Price to Compare’ will be taken into consideration. Any reliable online source will be able to scan the electricity utility markets for the best rates and find you lower rates than your current supplier’s price.
- You can use any online ‘free savings calculator’ to determine how much you could save in each case.
Electricity payments can burn a hole in your pocket, so it is best to use any free online services that help you compare and manage your electricity expenses, which can assist you in saving on your energy bills.
PECO HELP INFORMATION
If you’re moving to a new residence, you can apply to transfer your service to a new address. You can do this by applying for a stoppage-transfer of service option on the PECO website. Click on the official page to avail of this.
You can also apply for a transfer by calling 1-800-220-7326, where the customer service executive will guide you through the process.
What to do if there’s a power outage?
Follow the given below procedures:
- If you experience a power outage or see a downed line, vacate the area immediately and call 1-800-841-4141.
- Call 1-844-841-4151 in case you smell gas or see a damaged gas line.
You can also contact emergency services if you have medical concerns about the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic or require special home safety needs regarding an outage.
PECO Customer Service and Contact Information
PECO provides several customer service options to choose from:
- Via Contact Us Page: Visit the contact us page. Select your needs from the options given and contact PECO representatives accordingly.
- Via Call: PECO has a dedicated emergency contact number (1-800-494-4000) which will be met with a rapid emergency response.
Please note that the dedicated emergency hotline is the best way to alert the supplier if you experience a power outage or see damaged electric/gas lines.