You can now quickly pay for your traffic ticket online if you visit New Jersey and have been fined a traffic ticket. You can do so by simply going to the NJMCDIRECT web portal, www.njmcdirect.com. There is no need to visit NJ Municipal courts.
A traffic ticket can be charged on multiple things like overspeeding, Surcharges, parking violations, or breaking other traffic rules.
NJMCdirect.com is a website through which you can pay your ticket charges for NJ Traffic violations. The website allows most of its users to pay the charges, but you cannot use the web portal to pay your charges if the charge deadline is passed. The deadline for traffic charges is mentioned on the ticket.
Due to work and other things, it was difficult for people to go to the NJ Municipal court to pay the charge, but with NJMCdirect.com, it is not the case. NJMCdirect.com is the NJ Municipal court’s web portal, where you can quickly pay up your fines and view the traffic ticket.
How to Pay NJ Traffic Ticket Online
Follow these steps to pay your traffic charge at the NJ Online portal, NJMCdirect.com.
- An electronic device like a smartphone, tablet, or PC.
- Active Internet connection or Wi-Fi.
How To Pay Ticket Charges at NJMCdirect.com?
- Open a web browser on your device and go to NJ Municipal court’s official website, NJMCdirect.com.
- This link will redirect you to the new web portal of NJMCDirect.
- On the web portal’s home page, you will find two options: Municipal Complaints and Traffic Ticket.
- Go to ‘Traffic Ticket’ to pay your NJMC charges.
- Now enter the details like Court ID, Ticket Number, License Plate Number, Name, and then tap on the ‘search button.
- View your traffic ticket and then proceed to pay.
- You can pay for your ticket charges using a Debit or Credit card. They allowed companies are Visa, American Express, and MasterCard.
NJMCDirect pay surcharge
You receive a surcharged ticket when you break the traffic laws more often. Law enforcer issues a surcharge ticket when you break traffic rules, and you already have over six points on your driver’s license from the last three years.
You will be charged $100 with an extra $25 on such violations. And if your driver’s license is expired or you don’t have one, you will have to pay $250 every year.
You can also get charged a surcharged ticket in case of drunk driving, driving without a driving license, or driving an uninsured car.
Here are the steps to pay your surcharge fees online on the NJMCdirect.com web portal.
- Go to the official website of NJ Municipal Court, NJMCdirect.com.
- Select the correct option and enter your date of birth.
- After completing the above steps, click on the ‘submit button.
If you face any difficulty or issues, you can contact NJMC customer service using the following contact number, 844-424-6829. The customer service is active from Monday to Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. You will be charged around 2% to 3% processing fee. You can pay your charges using a credit or debit card.
Alternate Method To Pay Surcharge Fees
If you are not comfortable online, there is also an offline method of paying your surcharge fees.
- You can use Western Union Money Transfer.
- This can be done using Cheque or Money Order.
NJMCDirect Plead not guilty.
If you think that the traffic charges against you are inaccurate, you can challenge them by pleading that you are not guilty. There are a few consequences of this. To do so, firstly, you need to inform the court three days before the date mentioned on your ticket. Then, you need to contact the Municipal Court and tell them that you want to plead not guilty to the traffic charges. It would help if you also had a piece of legal evidence.
Once you have all the requirements fulfilled, follow these steps to proceed with the case.
- Negotiate your plea agreement and meet the state prosecutor.
- If you do not have an agreement, go and face the judge.
- You can also hire a ticket lawyer or request a public defender from the court.
If you lose the case, you will have to pay fines, and traffic violation points will be added to your driver’s license. There’s also a possibility that your license will be suspended.
But in case you win the case, you will be relieved from paying your auto insurance, and your fines and penalties will be dropped. Also, no traffic violation points will be added to your driver’s license.
Note: It is always advisable to seek advice from a traffic ticket attorney.
New Jersey traffic ticket lookup
If you have misplaced or lost your traffic ticket, there is no need to worry. You can look for your traffic ticket online using the NJMCdirect online portal. Follow these steps to search for your traffic ticket online.
- Search for the NJ Municipal Court Case Search for your traffic ticket number complaint number.
- On the homepage, look for the search button and click on it.
- Click on ‘I Accept’ to proceed.
- Next, go to ‘Search by’ and select the ‘Ticket Number.’
- Fill in the Court ID, Number, and Prefix.
- Enter the Captcha and select search.
Even after following the steps mentioned above, you face difficulty finding your traffic ticket; there is no need to worry. You can find the traffic ticket number by contacting the New Jersey Municipal Court and giving them your driver’s license plate number.
Working Hours of NJMCDIRECT
NJMCdirect does not provide its services 24/7. The court has specified times, and you can only pay your fines at that time.
- Monday to Thursday: 04:30 AM to 11:15 PM
- Friday: 04:30 AM to 10:15PM
- Saturday: 04:30 AM to 03:15PM
- Sunday: 01:00 PM to 11:15PM
Contact NJ Municipal Court
If you face any issues paying your charges, you can contact NJMCdirect by using their customer services. Here we have provided the contact number of the NJ Municipal Court.
New Jersey Municipal Court Office: 973-284-4945 & 609-292-8580
Office Address: NJMC Public Safety Building, 228 Chestnut St building, Second Floor, Newark, New Jersey.