WB Games has announced MultiVersus, a free-to-play fighting game featuring iconic Warner Bros. characters such as Batman, Superman and Arya Stark.
MultiVersus will be WB Games’ answer to Super Smash Bros. The Warner Bros. Produced game, developed by Player First Games, features characters from DC, Game of Thrones, Looney Tunes, Scooby-Doo, and more.
The game is free to play and supports 1v1, 2v2 and 4 players free for all matches in different phases including the Batcave. Key figures from the roster have been announced, but more will be announced at a later date. Since the game is set in the Warner Bros. multiverse, several iconic voice actors have taken over their roles for the game. So far the roster for MultiVersus includes:
- Batman, voiced by Kevin Conroy
- Superman, voiced by George Newbern
- Wonder Woman, voiced by Abby Trott
- Harley Quinn, voiced by Tara Strong
- Shaggy (Scooby-Doo), voiced by Matthew Lillard
- Bugs Bunny (Looney Tunes), voiced by Eric Bauza
- Arya Stark (Game of Thrones), voiced by Maisie Williams
- Jake the Dog (Adventure Time), voiced by John DiMaggio
- Finn the Human (Adventure Time), voiced by Jeremy Shada
- Steven Universe, voiced by Daniel DiVenere
- Garnet (Steven Universe), voiced by Estelle
- Tom and Jerry, voiced by Eric Bauza
- Reindog (an original character for MultiVersus), voiced by Andrew Frankel
The first official reveal breaks down the various mechanics of the game, teasing some of the characters like Batman and Superman, as well as a few of the stages fans can expect to battle on. Since the game’s roster is incomplete at this point, it’s hard to imagine other DC characters joining Batman and Superman, such as Aquaman or The Flash.
WB Games’ MultiVersus will be released sometime in 2022 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC. The game supports cross-play on all platforms. If you would like to be a part of the various playtests held for the game, always visit us.