Minecraft 1.18 update, called Caves and Cliffs Part 2, will be released on Tuesday, November 30. After this update, the Overworld will change forever and beyond the imagination of any player.
As the release date approaches, developers have been busy making the latest tweaks and bug fixes in the Minecraft 1.18 update. After eight pre-releases, Caves and Cliffs Part 2 has now entered the release candidate phase.
Developers usually announce release candidates before launching a major update to fix critical bugs unchecked in pre-release. For example, Mojang released releases candidates 2 and 3 on the same day to fix some issues.
Release candidates 2 and 3 for Minecraft 1.18 update and their bug fixes
Players can download the release candidate versions to experience the Minecraft 1.18 update before the official release. Mojang will launch the latest release candidate as the official update once all critical bugs are fixed.
Release candidates can be downloaded from the official Minecraft launcher. Follow these steps to download the latest release candidate for Minecraft 1.18 update:
- Open Minecraft launcher.
- The launcher shows the Playback tab after opening. Next, switch to the Installation tab.
- Enable snapshots under VERSIONS. It is required to download development versions.
- Create a new profile.
- When creating a new profile, select 1.18 release candidate 3. Players interested in checking differences can also choose older 1.18 release candidates.
- Once the profile is created, switch back to the Playback tab.
- Select the newly created profile and start the game. The launcher will download all required files and install the 1.18 release candidate.
If no further bugs are found, 1.18 release candidate three will be launched as Minecraft 1.18 update for Java Edition. Here are the changelogs for release candidates 2 and 3:
Bug fixed in Minecraft 1.18 release candidate 2
- Large lava lakes were not generated below Y -54 because large caves could not generate at that elevation level. It’s now resolved.
Bug fixed in Minecraft 1.18 release candidate 3
- They fixed a bug where items in blocks were removed after being dead.
Both releases, candidates 2 and 3 came out on Friday. However, since the next two days are weekends, developers probably won’t release a new candidate right away.
If a new bug is found, players can expect a new release candidate on Monday, November 29. Since the Minecraft 1.18 update is on November 30, any minor bugs will be fixed in the 1.18.1 update.