Duke Energy Corporation is an American electric power holding company based in North Carolina which has several subsidiaries. And the organization allows a wide range of bill payment methods for its customers, making it so easy. Below are the available choices which we can choose from.
Let’s start with the most common and regular way of bill payment.
PAYING THROUGH THE APP
It’s easier now to manage your account just with your mobile phone. The organization created a mobile application that is available on both platforms, for IOS and Android. You can download the same from AppStore or Google Playstore. Please follow the below steps.
- Download the Duke Energy app from the store or text MOBILE to 578-02 to download the app.
- Use the same username and password to login into the account as My Account, or if you’re a new user, register now using your mobile number.
- Once registered, log in to your account and find the option which shows BILL PAY.
- Select the payment option of your choice and double-check the details before going ahead with the payment.
- Proceed with the bill payment and keep a safe copy of the confirmation message that appears on the screen.
Apart from the bill payment, several other services are available for the customers that can be done through the mobile app. You can track your energy usage and set up the bill reminders to be informed a week ahead about the bill payment through the notifications, and you can check and avail the available offers.
If you’re someone who doesn’t like the look of the mobile screens, here is your choice. Paying the bill through their website. And whenever the app goes through updates or is under maintenance or in case of any other kind of inconveniences, paying online is our savior.
1. Sign in to your account with the same username and password as My Account, and if you’re a new user, register using your mobile number.
2. Don’t worry if you’ve forgotten your password or your username; they have the facility to send you the same to the mail-id/phone number you’ve used during registration.
3. Once logged in, check for the option which says, PAY MY BILL, click on the same and proceed to the payment page.
4. Fill in your details, re-check the payment amount and date before confirming and go ahead with the payment.
5. Have a safe copy of the confirmation receipt that you receive on the successful payment.
PAYING WITH A CREDIT CARD OR DEBIT CARD OR E-CHECK
This method of payment allows you to pay your bills without any need to sign in.
- Sign in to your account, or if you forgot the details, you could pay using your account number.
- Enter your account number, Zip Code as required, and choose the bill payment option.
- Enter the amount that is due and fill in the required details.
- Please be noted that this method uses Speedpay (a third-party vendor) that charges $1.50 of processing fee for a residential account and $8.50 for a business account for a one-time payment. Your payment will be applied to your account immediately.
- The service is available 24/7 and offers flexibility while keeping your information secured all the time.
PAYING IN PERSON
Welcome to the conventional method of bill payment. The organization has many payment stores set up, and if you’re nearby to any one of those, you can choose this method of payment which is so convenient.
All you need to do is reach the store and inform one of the customer assistants that you want to pay your bill. The rest of the procedures will be taken care of by them. Please keep your account number available which makes the process easier for both parties.
You can figure out the nearest store to you by entering your location on their website. Visit this link for the same.
PAY WITH AUTOMATIC DRAFT
Choose this hassle-free method of payment where you don’t even need to worry about the payment dates or the late payment charges, or any trouble. Get the convenience of having your monthly energy bill automatically drafted from your checking or savings account. It’s quick, easy, and accessible.
Please go through the Terms and Conditions of the process before proceeding, and once you sign up for the automated draft method, the bank deals with the automatic payment monthly. You can modify the same at any point in time later.
PAY BY PHONE
All you need to do is call 800.521.2232 and follow the assistant’s steps over the call requests. This method uses the third-party vendor Speedpay, and the process is instant. The amount will reflect in your account immediately, but SpeedPay will charge a convenience fee.
PAY BY MAIL
The old-school method of bill payments is here. Mail the below address a money order or a cheque for the due amount.
P.O. Box 1327
Charlotte, NC 28201
Mention your account number and the bill payment date.
Also Connect with Duke Energy on:
- Customer Service: https://www.duke-energy.com/customer-service
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DukeEnergy
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/DukeEnergy
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/duke_energy/
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/duke-energy-corporation/
All these available choices are simple, quick, and easy as well as safe. All your information provided in any of the methods is secure. And there will be a confirmation after every payment, which will help the customers track their payments. And to make this easier, Duke Energy Corporation is assisting the customer in following the below steps.
- Payment confirmations: Customers can get notifications through text or email.
- Reading your bill: Interactive sample of a bill is provided to help customers understand their bills.
- Bill Inserts: Important information is shared with the customers through the bill inserts monthly.
- Rates: Explains how the rates are calculated, keeping all the factors that affect the rating.
- Lower your bill: Helps customers to know the possible ways of reducing their bills.
- High Bill and Usage Alert: Alerts the customers about the increased usage and helps to stay on budget and control.
- Bill Forwarding: Bills will be forwarded to the desired location if the customer is away for a temporary period.
- Reading your meter: Helps the customer to figure out how to read their meter.
Duke Energy Corporation has taken several steps to make it convenient for their customers, and all other required information is made available through their website.