ConEd Bill Payment: Consolidated Edison, Inc., commonly known as Con Edison or ConEd, one of the largest investor-owned energy companies in the United States, provides a wide range of energy-related products and services to its customer’s subsidiaries.
Con Edison of New York provides electric service to approximately 3.3 million customers and gas service to about 1.1 million customers in New York City and Westchester County. The company also provides steam service in parts of Manhattan.
Everything you need to know about Con Edison
Con Edison has approximately $12 billion in annual revenues and over $48 billion in assets. Therefore, providing this large customer base with easy and quick bill payments is essential. Written below are a few pointers on using some of the online services, especially regarding billing and prices offered by ConEd.
Payment Guide for Con Edison Users
Corporations and Residents in and around New York can purchase an electricity plan from Con Edison.
- Once you select the electric plan of your choice, Con Edison provides you with energy-efficient electricity and gas supplies.
- Con Edison ensures its customers of uninterrupted supply delivery.
- Con Edison utilities are currently priced at $0.629 per kWh for its electric services (100% renewable energy) and $0.929 per therm for its gas services. Visit https://www.coned.com/en/rates-tariffs/rates to know more in detail about the ConEd rates and tariffs.
Residents and Corporations also can choose from one of the competitive energy companies in their region. These companies claim to provide great offers, better pricing, and high safety standards while ensuring reliable delivery. However, there is no guarantee that the customers will save money on the total energy costs for the utility or experience an overall bill decrease, so choosing them is at one’s own risk.
Payments Plan Options provided by Con Edison
Con Edison provides you with several ways to pay your existing electricity bills. Additionally, they also offer different payment options that you can choose to pay your bills.
Following are some details regarding these:
- Level Payment Plan – This payment option allows you to convert your variable billing into an even monthly payment based on reviewing your annual energy usage, financial capacity, and payment history
- Payment Assistance – Con Edison offers several assistance programs to help pay your energy bills. These include the Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) and the Safety Net Assistance (SNA) program. Visit the official page to know more in detail.
Con Edison has also taken a charitable initiative to host various discounts that benefit the customers of low-income households. One of these is the Level Payment Plan which gives qualified discounts and automatically signs up those customers who require financial assistance and fall under low-income families.
Registering for your Con Edison Account
Before you proceed to the bill payments, you must have an account registered on the Con Edison website with your resident credentials. This will give you access to a whole bunch of online services offered by ConEd and allow you to manage your monthly payments hassle-free.
Setup your Con Edison Account
To avail of the online services of ConEd, you need to set up an account on their Con Edison website. Here are the steps to be followed:
- To register online, first, visit the official website.
- Then, enter your First Name, Last name, and Email address. Please note that your email address will be your new login I.D.
- Then, click on ‘Submit.’
- You will be redirected to a page where you will be prompted to enter your preferred password.
- Verify all the information. Click on ‘Register.’
Your account will now have been set up. You can use the AutoPay option to connect a bank account to your Con Edison account for automatic monthly payment deduction. And maintain your account through the Con Edison mobile app or online website.
Login to your Con Edison Account
Once your Con Edison account is up and running, follow the below steps whenever you want to log in to your account:
- Visit https://www.coned.com/en/register/pre-register.
- Enter your registered email and password. Then, click on ‘Login.’
You can click on the ‘Remember me the option to automatically log in whenever you visit the website without the need to type your username and password.
Forgot your Con Edison Account username/password? Here’s what you need to do.
If you have forgotten your password or registered email, do the following:
- Visit the official website.
- Enter your Email Address.
- Choose one option from the “Reset with” dropdown menu, “Reset with Email,” and “Reset with Text Message,” depending on your preference.
- Click on the ‘Reset Password option.
Follow the given prompts, and you can recover the forgotten elements quickly.
Con Edison Bill Payment Information
Given below is all the information that is necessary for you to avail of the online services offered by Con Edison and proceed with your bill payments:
How to pay your Con Edison bill?
Con Edison currently offers its customers four ways to pay their electric bills.
- Online Payments: You can make online payments through your credit card/checking account, debit card, or eCheck via a Con Edison online account. If you have opted for AutoPay, the cost will be automatically deducted from your account for every billing cycle. Alternatively, you can also make payments from a guest profile.
- Pay by Phone: Contact Con Edison customer service at 1-888-925-5016 to make monthly payments. Executives will assist you in doing it directly through your bank account.
- In-Person: You can also pay in person at authorized payment locations or service centers near your area based on convenience. Please keep in mind that some of the payment offices may be temporarily unavailable due to COVID-19.
- Mail: You can send your payments via money orders or a check(payable to Con Edison). The mailing address is Con Edison, JAF Station P.O. Box 1702, New York, NY 10116-1702, and in case of general inquiries, the address is Con Edison, Cooper Station P.O. Box 138, New York, NY 10276-0138.
Ways to lower your Con Edison bill.
You can lower your monthly Con Edison bills in several ways. First, deregulated energy plans allow customers to choose from several rates offered by multiple competitive energy distributors and suppliers.
- Check the ‘Price to Compare,’ which is the default rate Con Edison offers, and compare it with other prices shown by your local licensed electricity suppliers.
- Many accessible online sources exist which give you a comparison of different prices on the market.
- Con Edison’s current electricity ‘Price to Compare’ will be considered. Any reliable online source can scan the electricity utility markets for the best rates and find you lower rates than your current supplier’s price.
- You can use any online ‘free savings calculator to determine how much you could save in each case.
Electricity payments can burn a hole in your pocket, so it is best to use any free online services that help you compare and manage your electricity expenses, which can assist you in saving on your energy bills.
Con Edison Help Information
If you’re moving to a new residence, you can apply to transfer your service to a new address. You can use it on the Con Edison website for a stoppage-transfer of service option.
You can also apply for a transfer by calling 1-800-752-6633, where the customer service executive will guide you.
What to do if there’s a power outage?
- If you experience a power outage or see a downed line, vacate the area immediately and call 1-800-752-6633.
- Call 1-800-752-6633 in case you smell gas or see a damaged gas line.
You can also contact emergency services if you have medical concerns about the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic or require special home safety needs regarding an outage.
Also Read: MyHR CVS Login
Con Edison Customer Service and Contact Information
Con Edison provides several customer service options to choose from:
- Via Contact Us Page: Visit https://www.coned.com/en/contact-us. Select your needs from the options given and contact Con Edison representatives accordingly.
- Via Call: Con Edison has a dedicated emergency contact number (1-800-752-6633) which will be met with a rapid emergency response.
Please note that the dedicated emergency hotline is the best way to alert the supplier if you experience a power outage or see damaged electric/gas lines.