Cha Cha Real Smooth is an American coming-of-age drama comedy film which is written, directed and co-edited by Cooper Raiff, who is also the male lead actor of the film. Raiff has also produced the film along with the female lead Dakota Johnson, Ro Donnelly, Erik Feig and Jessica Switch under the banners of TeaTime Pictures, Picturestart and Endeavor Content.
Jeff Valeri, Shayne Fiske Goldner and Julia Hammer are the executive producers. If we talk about technical work, Cristina Dunlap is handling cinematography while Henry Hayes and Colin Patton are the co-editors along with Raiff. The film has music and soundtrack by Este Haim and Chris Stracey.
Cha Cha Real Smooth OTT Release Date
The release date of the movie is out now and it is confirmed that Apple has acquire the worldwide rights of the dramedy film. According to media sources, the streamer has paid $15 million for the deal. The film is scheduled to be released digitally on Apple Tv+ on June 17, 2022.
Earlier, on January 23, 2022, the film also premiered at the 2022 Sundance Film Festival, which took place virtually from January 20-30, 2022. The film won Audience Award for in the U.S. Dramatic competition. After that, the film also showed at South by Southwest (SXSW) on March 18, 2022 and now is all set to screen at the Tribeca Film Festival in June 2022.
— Apple TV+ (@AppleTVPlus) January 28, 2022
Cha Cha Real Smooth Star Cast
- Cooper Raiff is playing male lead as Andrew, the actor is best known for appearing and directing his critically acclaimed coming-of-age comedy drama film Shithouse (2020) along with Dylan Gelulu, Logan Miller and Amy Landecker
- Hollywood’s one of the most acclaimed actress Dakota Johnson as Domino. The actress is best known for notable role as Anastasia “Ana” Steele in American erotic romantic drama film trilogy series Fifty Shades. She is one of the producer of Cha Cha Real Smooth, which is her maiden project as a producer
- Leslie Mann as Andrew’s mom
- Brad Garrett as Stepdad Greg
- Raul Castillo as Joseph
- Odeya Rush as Macy
- Kelly O’Sullivan as Bella
- Vanessa Burghardt as Lola
- Evan Assante as David
- Colton Osorie as Rodrigo
- Liam Jones as Jordan
About the film
The story of the film revolves around a 22 year old Andrew (Cooper Raiff), who has just passed his college, and is stuck back at home with his family in New Jersey. He works as a Bar Mitzvah party host and doesn’t have any clear goals in his life but when he befriends a local mom, Domino (Dakota Johnson), and her autistic teenage daughter, Lola (Vanessa Burghardt), he finally discovers a future he wants- even if it might not be his own.