American Electric Power (AEP), a major investor-owned electric utility in the United States, delivers electricity to more than five million customers in the U.S. AEP Texas Central is one of the subsidiaries of AEP. Headquartered in Corpus Christi, AEP Texas serves several significant cities: Abilene, McAllen, Vernon, Laredo, and San Angelo. In total, the company provides electric services in service territories that, on the whole, range over 100,000 square miles.
Visit https://www.aeptexas.com/ to learn more about American Electric Power, its subsidiaries, and the various services offered.
Also written below are a few pointers on how to use some of the online services, especially regarding billing and payments offered by American Electric Power, Texas (AEP Texas).
AEP’s transmission systems, directly or indirectly, serve about 10 percent of the electricity demand in the Eastern Interconnection, the interconnected transmission system that covers 38 eastern and central U.S. states and eastern Canada. It also covers approximately 11 percent of the electricity demand in the Electric Reliability Council of Texas, the transmission system covering most of Texas.
Payment Information Guide for AEP Texas Users
AEP Texas ensures customers are free to choose from any energy companies that supply their electricity.
- Customers can choose from several plans and rates offered by different energy suppliers.
- Any Retail Electric Providers (REPs) certified can be selected to meet the customer’s electric needs.
- Each REP provides electricity under different plans and rates, and you can compare them with the price per kWh provided to make an informed decision.
Visit https://www.aeptexas.com/company/about/rates/ to learn more about the different rates and tariffs offered by AEP Texas.
What are the other Payments Plan Options provided by AEP Texas?
AEP Texas provides you with several ways to pay your existing electricity bills. Additionally, they also offer different payment programs that you can choose from to pay your bills. Following are some details regarding these:
- Payment Assistance Programs: This program by AEP Texas assists low-income households. Some programs and plans include the Texas PIPP Plus, the Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program (CEAP), and LIHEAP, among others.
- Budget Billing: This AEP program makes your monthly payments more predictable, helping you avoid seasonal fluctuations. You must contact your REP and ask them to set up your Budget Billing with AEP Texas.
- Payment Arrangements: You can also set up customized payment arrangements if you’re having trouble paying your bills. Contact your REP for customized payment plans.
- Energy Efficiency Programs: You can opt from several programs on energy efficiency offered by AEP Texas.
Visit https://aeptexasefficiency.com/#/residential to know more about the various programs offered by AEP Texas. To encourage customers to be environment-conscious, AEP Texas provides rebates and discounts to those who install energy-efficient upgrades.
AEP TEXAS CENTRAL BILL PAYMENT INFORMATION
Given below is all the information that is necessary for you to avail of the online services offered by AEP Texas and proceed with your bill payments:
How to pay your AEP Texas Central Bill?
AEP Texas currently offers customers four ways to pay their electric bills.
- Online: You can make online payments through a debit/credit card or directly with the help of your bank account. You can also set up an automatic account transfer to pay your monthly bill.
- In-Person: You can pay using cash or a card at any authorized payment office. Please keep in mind that some of the payment offices may be temporarily unavailable due to COVID-19.
- Pay by Mail: You can send your payments via money orders or check.
- Pay by Phone: You can contact the AEP Texas customer service at 1-877-373-4858 to make your monthly payments. Executives will assist you in doing it directly through your bank account.
You can change your payment method at any time. However, it is essential to note that your bill will be issued by your Retail Electric Provider (REP), and you will have to contact them to make your payments.
Setup your AEP Texas Account
To set up your AEP Texas account and avail of the other online services, first register on AEP Texas’s website. Here are the steps to be followed:
- To start your AEP Texas Account Registration, visit https://www.aeptexas.com/account/register.
- Enter your email address as prompted.
- Find your address by entering your AEP Texas Account Number and ZIP code.
- Verify your address.
- Confirm access by selecting all the necessary checkboxes.
- You will now be able to create an online user I.D. and password.
You will receive a confirmation email on your registered email to inform you of your account setup. You can now log in to your account using your user I.D. and password.
Ways to lower your AEP Texas Bill.
As mentioned here previously, all the customers of AEP Texas have to purchase their electricity from a local Retail Electric Provider(REP).
- If you do not sign up with any REP, the Texas Public Utilities Commission will assign you a Provider of Last Resort (POLR).
- However, the rates and plans offered by your POLR will be relatively expensive.
- The best action is to compare all the REPs available in the service area and make an informed decision.
- Alternatively, you can use any online comparison tool to check if you’re getting the best rate against the POLR.
- The online tools can help scan the market and give you the best rates in your service area with AEP Texas. In addition, you can use those tools to find out how much you’ll save with different suppliers.
You can also lower your AEP Texas bill by participating in energy efficiency programs. Visit https://www.aeptexas.com/company/about/choice/ to learn more about different electric choices and REPs.
AEP TEXAS HELP INFORMATION
AEP Texas has several customer service options that help you during times of need.
What to do if there’s a power outage?
Follow the given below procedures:
- Whenever you’re facing a power outage, you should immediately report it on the official website.
- Login with your account, verify it by providing the necessary details, and click ‘Submit.’
- You can check the outage status by visiting here.
- You can also verify the areas facing an outage by looking at an outage map
- You can also check for outages corresponding to your ZIP codes
Whether a downed power line or safety hazard condition, vacate with your friends and family to a safe location. You can also contact emergency services if you have medical concerns about the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic or require special home safety needs regarding an outage.
Contact AEP Texas Customer Service
AEP Texas provides several customer service options.
- Contact Us: Visit the Contact us page to make general inquiries.
- Outage FAQs: Visit Outage Faqs Page to go through FAQs on Outages. You can also sign up to receive outage alerts via text and email by visiting https://www.aeptexas.com/account/alerts/Default.aspx.
- AEP Texas Social Media: Follow AEP Texas on multiple social media handles of their Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube accounts to communicate with AEP representatives.
- Email: Alternatively, you can send an email to AEP Texas using this link, https://www.aeptexas.com/contact/#EmailForm, to an online form.
For any Billing-related issues, it is best to contact your local REP. However, please also note that it is best to go through the FAQs before getting a representative, as solutions might already have been given for most of the general problems faced by customers.
AEP Texas Phone Number and Contact Information
Given below are a few of the contact information needed to get in touch with representatives of AEP Texas:
- AEP Texas’s Customer Service – 1-877-373-4858
- Customer Operations Center (Outages) – 1-866-223-8508
- Mailing Address – 539 N Carancahua Corpus Christi, TX, 78401
Contact the above from your registered phone number.